Edward W. Johnson is a partner at Johnson Carroll Norton Kent & Goedde P.C., He was admitted to the Indiana Bar in 1970 and has been practicing law in Evansville since 1973 after serving as an Assistant Attorney General for three years. Mr. Johnson graduated from Reitz High School and Indiana University where he obtained his Bachelors of Science Degree in 1966 and his Doctor of Jurisprudence in law in 1969 from the Indiana University School of Law.
Mr. Johnson served as an Adjunct Faculty Member for Para-Legal instruction at the University of Evansville and served as the President of the Evansville Bar Association in 1989-1990 and President of the American Cancer Society of Vanderburgh County in 1980-1981.
He is a Certified Civil and Domestic Relations Mediator. He has presented numerous times on Mediation topics. He has been voted an Indiana Super Lawyer in Mediation. Although a substantial amount of his practice is as a Mediator, Mr. Johnson also maintains an active legal practice in Estates, Estate Planning, Business Entities, Business Planning, General Litigation, and Commercial Real Estate Transactions.
Mr. Johnson and his wife, Debbie, have been married since 1997, and he has two children from his first marriage, Aaron, who is an attorney in San Francisco, and Rachel, who is employed by Mayor Bloomberg's Office in New York City, and two step-children, Megan who is a physical therapist and Ryan, who is an administrator with the VA in Indianapolis. Mr. Johnson's wife has been employed as a Microbiologist at Deaconess Hospital for over thirty-seven years, and they have five grandchildren. They make their home here in Evansville.
- American Cancer Society (President, 1980-1981)
- Member of Evansville West Side Nut Club
- Southern Indiana Higher Education, Inc., Board of Directors (1990-2009)
Areas Of Practice
- Probate Law
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- General Litigation
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Mediator
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Indiana, 1970
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. Tax Court, 1979
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1969
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1966
- Willett v. Clark, 564 N.E.2d 948, 1991, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Ohning v. Driskill, 739 N.E.2d 161, 2000, Ind.App.
- Cohen v. Meyer, 701 N.E.2d 1253, 1998, Ind.App.
- Weber v. Costin, 654 N.E.2d 1130, 1995, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- In re Marriage of Richmond, 605 N.E.2d 226, 1992, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Griswold v. Savage, 569 N.E.2d 970, 1991, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Erbacher v. Wargel, 465 N.E.2d 194, 1984, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Ellis v. George Ryan Co., Inc., 424 N.E.2d 125, 1981, Ind.App.
- State ex rel. Ale House, Inc. v. Rueger, 406 N.E.2d 292, 1980, Ind.App.
- City of Evansville v. Reis Tire Sales, Inc., 333 N.E.2d 800, 1975, Ind.App.
- Hamilton v. State ex rel. Van Natta, 323 N.E.2d 659, 1975, Ind.App.
- 5/3 Bank - West Side Bank
- Old National Bank
- Helfrich Insurance Agency
- Adjunct Faculty, Para-Legal Instruction, University of Evansville, 1975 to 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Evansville Bar Association, Member, 1973 to Present
- Evansville Bar Association, President, 1989 to 1990
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant State Attorney General, 1970 to 1973