Edward W. Johnson is a partner at Johnson Carroll Norton & Kent P.C., He was admitted to the Indiana Bar in 1970 and has been practicing law in Evansville since 1973 after serving as an Assistant Attorney General for three years. Mr. Johnson graduated from Reitz High School and Indiana University where he obtained his Bachelors of Science Degree in 1966 and his Doctor of Jurisprudence in law in 1969 from the Indiana University School of Law.
Mr. Johnson served as an Adjunct Faculty Member for Para-Legal instruction at the University of Evansville and served as the President of the Evansville Bar Association in 1989-1990 and President of the American Cancer Society of Vanderburgh County in 1980-1981.
He is a Certified Civil and Domestic Relations Mediator. He has presented numerous times on Mediation topics. He has been voted an Indiana Super Lawyer in Mediation. Although a substantial amount of his practice is as a Mediator, Mr. Johnson also maintains an active legal practice in Estates, Estate Planning, Business Entities, Business Planning, and Commercial Real Estate Transactions.
Mr. Johnson and his wife, Debbie, have been married since 1997, and he has two children from his first marriage, Aaron, who is an attorney with E-bay in San Francisco, and Rachel, who is employed by the University of Washington in Seattle, and two adopted children, Megan who is a physical therapist in Carmel, Indiana, and Ryan, who is an administrator with Riley’s Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. Mr. Johnson's wife, Debbie, has been employed as a Microbiologist at Deaconess Hospital for over forty-two years, and they have nine grandchildren. They make their home here in Evansville.
• American Cancer Society (President, 1980-1981)
• Member of Evansville West Side Nut Club
• Southern Indiana Higher Education, Inc., Board of Directors (1990-2009)
- Estate planning, Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Indiana, 1970
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. Tax Court, 1979
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Civil Mediator
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Evansville Bar Association, Member, 1973 to Present
- Evansville Bar Association, President, 1989 to 1990
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1969
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1966
- Adjunct Faculty, Para-Legal Instruction, University of Evansville, 1975 to 1979
- Willett v. Clark, 564 N.E.2d 948, 1991, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Ohning v. Driskill, 739 N.E.2d 161, 2000, Ind.App.
- Cohen v. Meyer, 701 N.E.2d 1253, 1998, Ind.App.
- Weber v. Costin, 654 N.E.2d 1130, 1995, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- In re Marriage of Richmond, 605 N.E.2d 226, 1992, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Griswold v. Savage, 569 N.E.2d 970, 1991, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Erbacher v. Wargel, 465 N.E.2d 194, 1984, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Ellis v. George Ryan Co., Inc., 424 N.E.2d 125, 1981, Ind.App.
- State ex rel. Ale House, Inc. v. Rueger, 406 N.E.2d 292, 1980, Ind.App.
- City of Evansville v. Reis Tire Sales, Inc., 333 N.E.2d 800, 1975, Ind.App.
- Hamilton v. State ex rel. Van Natta, 323 N.E.2d 659, 1975, Ind.App.
- Assistant State Attorney General, 1970 to 1973