Brian K. Carroll is a partner at Johnson Carroll Norton Kent & Goedde P.C. and practices in the areas of estate and trust planning and administration, real estate, and elder law. He also handles business litigation matters and is admitted to the Indiana Supreme Court, the United States District Court, Northern and Southern districts of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Harlaxton Society of the University of Evansville - Past President
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Probate Law
- Elder Law
- Estate and Trust Planning and Administration
- Business Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- Estate Planning and Administration, Trust and Estate Specialization Board
- Indiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana
- B.S. - 1978
- "Avoiding the Will Contest" (Co-Author), Res Gestae, May, 1994
- Probate and Property (Co-Author), May/June, 1994
- "Yours, Mine and Ours, Estate Planning for Previously Married Couples", Res Gestae, June, 1997
- Divorce and Your Special Needs Child, Exceptional Parent, 2005
- State v. Omega Painting, Inc., 464 N.E.2d 940, 1984, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Wats/800, Inc. v. Voice America, 867 F.Supp. 811, 1993, S.D.Ind.
- Edwardsville Nat. Bank & Trust Co. v. Marion Laboratories, Inc., 808 F.2d 648, 1987, C.A.7
- Carl Subler Trucking, Inc. v. Splittorff, 482 N.E.2d 295, 1985, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Kite v. Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Corp., 761 F.Supp. 597, 1989, S.D.Ind.
- Matter of Estate of Kirby, 498 N.E.2d 64, 1986, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Huntingburg Production Credit Ass'n v. Griese, 456 N.E.2d 448, 1983, Ind.App. 1 Dist.
- Lic's, Inc.
- Lensing Wholesale, Incorporated
- Donut Bank, Inc.
- Old Nation Bank
- Fifth Third Bank – Westside
- Helfrich Real Estate
- Karen Schenk & Associates
- Indiana Dormant Minerals Act, ICLEF, Mineral Law of Indiana, 1984 to 1984
- Real Estate Litigation, ICLEF, Out of Country Seminar, 1988 to 1988
- Real Estate, ICLEF Practice Skills, 1991 to 1991
- Co-Chair, Real Estate, ICLEF, 1992 to 1992
- Drafting to Avoid the Will Contest and Other Estate Litigation, ICLEF, Basic Will Drafting, 1994 to 1994
- Planning Your First Probate Estate Administration Recovery of Estate Assets, ICLEF, 1997 to 1997
- Untrustworthy Non-Probate Transfer - Creditor's Rights, ICLEF, 1998 to 1998
- Simple Will Drafting, ICLEF, Will and Trust Drafting Institute, 1999 to 1999
- Disclaimers and Post Mortem Planning, Administrative Decisions- Revising Documents, ICLEF, 1999 to 1999
- Co-Chair, The Process of Probate Practice, ICLEF, 2001 to 2001
- Presenter, Protecting the Home, ICLEF, Elder Law Veterans Benefits, 2004 to 2004
Honors and Awards
- Fellow- Indiana Bar Foundation
- Fellow - American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Evansville Bar Association, Director, 1996 to 2000
- Evansville Bar Association, Chair, Probate Committee, 1997 to 1998
- Evansville Bar Association, Chair, Elder Law Committee, 2000 to 2003
- Indiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Director, 1984 to 1993
- Indiana State Bar Association, Chair, 1991 to 1992
- Indiana State Bar Association General Practice Section, Chair, 1993 to 1994
- Indiana State Bar Association Chair, Specialization Committee, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Director, 1996 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Delegate, House of Delegates, 1998 to 1998
- American Bar Association
- Evansville Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Hearing Officer - City of Evansville Department of Code Enforcement
- Special Needs Alliance, Member
- Indiana Disciplinary Commission, Member, 2014 to Present
- Phi Delta Phi